Seminar & Forum TCS Co-Hosted the International Seminar on Trilateral FTA 2012.09.19
The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS), in collaboration with Korea Institute of International Economic Policy (KIEP), held the International Seminar on Trilateral FTA at the Westin Chosun Hotel on September 19, 2012. The purpose of the Seminar was to enhance public awareness and further promote the trilateral FTA.
Following the opening remarks by Mr. Chae Wook, President of KIEP, Amb. Shin Bong-kil, Secretary-General of the TCS gave a congratulatory address that emphasized the significance of future fr
amework of the trilateral economic cooperation at the very moment when the three countries are facing difficult times, and called for broad support to the launch of the trilateral FTA negotiations. Mr. Choi Kyonglim, Deputy Minister for FTA, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MOFAT) of the ROK, acknowledged in his keynote speech that the TCS has important roles to play in facilitating the trilateral FTA.
At the seminar (program in the attachment), 4 scholars delivered presentations on the three countries views towards the trilateral FTA as well as its political and security significance. 7 panel discussants further examined its benefits and challenges. It was understood that in spite of numerous obstacles such as lack of mutual trust and sensitive economic sectors, the trilateral FTA will bring about the expansion of intra-regional market and productivity improvement, contribute to political stability and future economic integration in Northeast Asia, and provide a stepping piece for the development of an East Asia community.
Following the consensus of the Trilateral Summit in May, representative of the TCS advocated for the launch of the trilateral FTA negotiation.
- 2019 Trilateral Statistics
- Joint Media Statement of the 12th Trilateral Economic and Trade Ministers Meeting
- Joint Statement of The 11th Trilateral Economic and Trade Ministers's Meeting
- Joint Press Release of the 9th Trilateral Economic and Trade Ministers Meeting
- Joint Statement of the 8th Trilateral Economic and Trade Ministers Meeting
- Joint Press Release of The 7th Economic and Trade Ministers' Meeting
- Joint Statement of The 6th Trilateral Economic & Trade Ministers’ Meeting