Mechanisms 5th Trilateral Summit in Beijing, China 2012.05.13
The Fifth Trilateral Summit Meeting among the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Korea (ROK) and Japan will be convened in Beijing, China on May 13th, 2012. H.E Wen Jiabao, Premier of the State Council of China, H.E Lee Myung-bak, President of the ROK and H.E. Yoshihiko Noda, Prime Minister of Japan will attend the Summit and exchange views on the trilateral cooperation as well as other regional and international issues. The delegation of the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS), headed by Secretary General Shin Bong-kil, will participate in the Summit, upon the establishment of the Secretariat in September 2011.
1. The Fifth Trilateral Summit among the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Korea (ROK) and Japan was convened in Beijing, China, on May 13, 2012 with the attendance of H.E. Wen Jiabao, Premier of the State Council of China, H.E. Lee Myung-bak, President of the ROK and H.E. Yoshihiko Noda, Prime Minister of Japan. The delegation of the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS), headed by Secretary General Shin Bong-kil, participated in the Summit as an observer.
2. The leaders of the three countries engaged in an in-depth discussion on further enhancing the trilateral cooperation, promoting common development among the three countries as well as making contributions to the stability, development and prosperity of the region and the world at large. The leaders adopted theJoint Declaration on the Enhancement of Trilateral Comprehensive Cooperative Partnership.
sed on the conclusion and recommendations contained in the Report of the Joint Study for an FTA among the three countries, the leaders decided to launch the trilateral FTA negotiation within this year. The leaders agreed to sign the Trilateral Agreement for the Promotion, Facilitation and Protection of Investment and on the early completion of the respective domestic procedures in the three countries.
4. The three leaders also welcomed the establishment of the TCS in September 2011 in Seoul, the ROK, and expressed support for the TCS to provide high-quality service to trilateral consultative mechanisms and play an active role in promoting trilateral cooperation.
5. Since its establishment, the TCS has put forward a variety of efforts with a view to enhancing the trilateral cooperation, including drafting the 2008-2012 Progress Report of the Trilateral Cooperation and setting up a four-language (English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean) TCS website, which would serve as an information center for the trilateral cooperation.
6. On the occasion of the Fifth Trilateral Summit, the TCS Secretary General Shin Bong-kil paid a visit to Ms. Fu Ying, Deputy Foreign Minister of China, and conducted an interview with the China Dailyon, discussing the current status and future prospects of the trilateral cooperation.
- Joint Statement of the Special ASEAN Plus Three Summit on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- The 7th China-Korea-Japan Business Summit Joint Statement
- List of outcome documents of trilateral ministerial meetings since last summit meeting
- Harvest Projects of Trilateral +X Cooperation
- Trilateral Cooperation Vision for the Next Decade
- Joint Statement on the '2018 Inter-Korean Summit' by the Leaders of Japan, the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Korea
- Joint Declaration of the 7th Japan-China-ROK Trilateral Summit
- Joint Statement of Cooperation on Sustainable Forest Management, Combating Desertification and Wildlife Conservation