The TCS is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Economic Specialist: 1 person
2. Areas of Recruitment
* Conduct research projects on economic relations among the three countries, updating statistics on the three countries
* Provide all necessary technical support to Professional Staff by surveying data, drafting official documents in English, and compiling related materials into database and writing an annual report on the trilateral cooperation
* Provide support for consultative mechanisms among the three countries by drafting minutes, conducting public diplomacy and carrying out researches in related areas
* Citizens of China, Japan or ROK
* Master’s or above level training in Economics or relevant field, such as public finance, international economics, political economy, econometrics, etc.
* Highly desirable to have strong statistical skills and experiences in economic research
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English (working language of the secretariat)
* Proficiency in common computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point)
3. Employment Conditions
Starting date: January 1, 2013 (flexible)
Two-year contract including a three-month probationary period (paid)
* Potential to become a regular employee upon completion of the two-year contract following a performance evaluation.
Working hours: Five days a week, 40 hours per week
* Social Security (National Pension, National Health Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, and Industrial Accident Insurance), overtime pay, etc.
4. Selection Process
1st round: Application review
Additional writing tests will be conducted to applicants.
2nd round: Interview for the applicants who pass the first round
* Applicants who pass the first round will be individually notified with the interview date and location.
5. Required Documents
* Employment Application Form (attached form)
* A self-introduction letter (both of Native language and English)
* The self-introduction letter should be no more than two pages.
* Certificate of the highest level of education
* Official English standardized test scores (e.g. TOEIC, TOEFL, TEPS, etc.) if available.
If applicable, Korean, Japanese or Chinese standardized test scores
(If available) Written materials (such as thesis or research papers) that show your past experience and research ability
6. How to Apply
* Application should be submitted to the TCS email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Application Period: 2012. 11.14 ~ 2012.11.28
- The subject of the e-mail must state, "Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat Application _Name"
- Applications which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the application form is deemed to be false
TCS Recruiting Team: