JOB General Services Staff (Political Affairs Officer) Recruitment Announcement (2014.09.08 ~ 2014.09.26 2015.03.31
The TCS is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
- (1) General Service Staff (Political Affairs Officer, G3) (Vacancy number: 2014-POL-101)
2. Job description and qualifications
- (1) Job Description:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Political Affairs, the Political Affairs Officer will be responsible for some or all of the following tasks:
- Provide support for existing consultative mechanisms among the three countries (i.e., ministerial, senior-officials, deputy-director-general level and other intergovernmental meetings). Specific tasks include assisting the arrangement of official meetings, drafting summary reports/ minutes, implementing projects entrusted by government agencies, etc.
- Organize workshops and seminars in areas/issues covered by the Department of Political Affairs (disaster management, track 2 dialogs on various issue areas etc.)
- Outreach to other international organizations, non-governmental organizations and research institutes for establishing and developing cooperative partnerships
- Explore and promote potential areas of new trilateral cooperative projects. Specific tasks may include setting up contact channels with relevant government agencies/non-governmental organizations and coordination to facilitate the establishment of new cooperative projects, etc.
- Explore research projects in areas/issues covered by the Department of Political Affairs (independently or in collaboration with other institutions)
- Draft speeches/remarks/talking points to be used by the Board Members in events/conferences/business trips, provide all necessary technical support to the Board / Professional Staff by surveying data and arranging business trips, etc.
- Draft documents including summary reports of TCS-hosted events; draft press releases to be publicized on the TCS website, including their translation; Compile related materials into databa
se and translate them; coordinate the preparation and drafting of annual progress reports on TCS activity and trilateral cooperation;
- Cross-Departmental tasks may be assigned as may become necessary for interdisciplinary or TCS-wide projects
- (2) Qualifications:
- Citizens of China, Japan or ROK
- Master’s level training in Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Regional Studies or other Social Sciences desired. (Other fields can also be considered. Unique specialized backgrounds are welcome, so long as you can convincingly explain how it can be helpful in working for the TCS.)
- Two or more years of working experience in a relevant field will be preferred.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English (working language of the TCS) is essential. Native-level proficiency is expected of your nationality mother tongue. Proficiency in other non-native CJK languages are an asset, but not a requirement.
- Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of common computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point)
3. Employment Conditions
- (1) Starting date: Nov/December, 2014 (negotiable)
- (2) Initial contract for maximum one year including a three-month paid probationary period
- Potential to become a regular employee upon completion of the contract-ba
sed employment for 2 contract terms following a performance evaluation
- (3) Working hours: Five days a week, 40 hours per week
- (4) Annual salary rate to be applied: KRW40,000,000/year (except probation period)
- (5) Staff benefits: Social Security (National Pension, National Health Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, and Industrial Accident Insurance), retirement pension, commuter allowance, overtime pay, etc.
4. Selection Process
- (1) 1st round: Application review
- (2) 2nd round: Writing test and interview for the applicants who pass the first round
- Applicants who pass the first round will be individually notified with the date, method and location of the writing test and interview date.
5. Required Documents
- (1) Employment Application Form (attached form)
- (2) A self-introduction letter in English (the letter should be no more than two pages)
- (3) Certificate of the highest level of education
- (4) Official English standardized test scores (e.g. TOEIC, TOEFL, TEPS, etc.) if available; (If applicable, Chinese, Japanese or Korean standardized test scores (optional))
- (5) (Optional) written materials in English (such as thesis or research papers) that show your past experience and research ability
6. How to Apply
- (1) Application should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (2) Application Period: 2014.09.08 ~ 2014.09.26
- The subject of the email must state, “TCS application_name_vacancy number”
- Applications which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the application form is deemed to be false
If you have any other inquiries, please email to: email@example.com.